General guidance pertaining to the development of an existing property.
- Verify the property is within Duvall city limits
- Determine what is allowed within the zoning designation
- Use the current zoning map to determine what is allowed for your zone: permitted uses, accessory uses, conditional uses. If a use is not listed in most cases it is prohibited.
- Review development standards in Duvall Municipal Code (DMC)
- Refer to City of Duvall sensitive areas maps to locate potential environmentally critical areas
- Review sensitive area regulations (DMC Chapter 14.42).
- Review our permit processing ordinance (DMC Chapter 14.08) and identify your type of project permit to get familiar with process requirements.
- Permit types III and IV require a pre-application meeting.
Applications and Forms
- Download, review and fill out applications and permit intake checklists from our Land Use Applications page.
- Other applications are also available through our online permitting portal.
- Review our Fee schedule 2023
- Email email@example.com and include address or parcel number of the property.
- Land Use entitlement (see Land Use Entitlement chart)
- Engineering review
- Building permit review
In general, the city does not have feasibility studies for vacant properties.
*This page is for informational purposes only. Additional requirements may apply.*