Signs Code: DMC Chapter 14.50
Purpose: The City adopted its current Temporary Signs ordinance for the purpose of supporting commercial services in the city, central gathering places, increase social interaction, and encourage walkability; to regulate signs in a manner that is timely, flexible, predictable, and fair to all; to prevent visual and physical clutter; to promote positive conditions for sign communication while avoiding nuisances to nearby properties; and to ensure all signage meets the intention of city-wide plans and regulations.
Permit required: Per DMC 14.50.030 no sign shall be erected, altered, or relocated without approval by the planning director. The following are exempt from permits: Directional signs to garage sales, family reunions, special parties, and similar special and limited event signs not exceeding six square feet.
- Only one A-board per tenant entry.
- Shall be placed on the portion of the sidewalk closest to the sponsoring business.
- Shall only be displayed during business hours open to the public.
- May not exceed two feet in width and three feet in height.
- Shall be legible and well maintained.
- A liability insurance policy shall be obtained with the city named as co-insured with a minimum coverage of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00).
Banners and Grand-Opening Banners
Real Estate Signs
- Signs identifying individuals or firms involved with the construction of a building and announcing the character of the building or the purpose for which the building is intended.
- One non-illuminated, double-faced sign is permitted for each public street upon which the project fronts.
- Shall be located within the subject property, five feet back from the property line.
- Shall be located on the subject property on which the construction is taking place and be located closer than thirty (30) feet from the property line of the adjoining property.
- No sign shall exceed thirty-two (32) square feet in surface area or ten (10) feet in height.
- Must be removed by the date of first occupancy of the premises or one year after placement of the sign, whichever occurs first.
- Banners advertising a public event that will occur within the City of Duvall, or within close proximity to the City, that will provide civic, cultural, educational, philanthropic, or service opportunities to Duvall citizens.
- Banner placement locations are: over the intersection of NE Stephens St & Main St, over the intersection of NE Virginia Street & Main St, corner poles at the intersection of NE Woodinville-Duvall Rd & Main St.
- Banners shall not be illuminated.
- Sponsor logos shall be limited to the name and corporate symbol of the sponsor and shall not exceed twenty-five (25) percent to the banner.
Special Event permits are processed by the City Clerk's office.
Signs in violation of Chapter 14.50 are subject to code enforcement and/or fines.
How to Apply
Apply online through our permitting portal:
- Sign Design
- Liability Insurance Policy (A-Board signs)
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org