- Public Works Department
- Current Projects
- 275th Complete Streets Sidewalk Project
275th Complete Streets Sidewalk Project
The City of Duvall is preparing to install a missing segment of sidewalk on 275th Avenue between NE 145th Lane and NE 150th Street. The project was developed as a “Complete Streets Project” and awarded $200,000 in grant funding from Washington’s Transportation Improvement Board (TIB).
The base version of the project includes the following improvements:
- Installation of approximately 1,200 linear feet of sidewalk with an adjacent five-foot landscape strip, street trees and landscaping.
In addition to the base work, we have also planned and are proposing the following OPTIONAL items to be included as part of the project:
- Installation of solar-powered Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFB’s) at the intersection of NE 150th Street and 275th Avenue NE. See Option A
- Installation of activity stations (three) in an area along the new walkway. See Option B
- Installation of two new streetlights at the intersections of NE 150th Street and 275th Avenue NE to better illuminate the crosswalks. A third streetlight will be located at the intersection of NE 145th Lane and 275th Avenue NE. See Option C
The cost of the base project and the OPTIONAL items collectively are expected to exceed the $200,000 grant award received by the City. As the project is identified in various city Capital Improvement documents, it is eligible to pull the additional funds (which have monies available) it needs from a variety of sources, including:
- Real Estate Excise Taxes (property sales revenue)
- Streets Capital Fund (Developer contribution fund)
- Parks Capital Fund specific to sidewalk (Developer contribution fund) (path in park plan),
- Recently passed King County, Park specific Levy monies.
Results are in!
Complete the Survey
We are seeking input from our community about whether these optional improvements are desired or not. Your voice matters! Please review optional items A, B, and C before completing the survey.
The City will be accepting survey input until 5 pm on August 28, 2020.