- 6 p.m.
- First Tuesday of each month
- Virtual until further notice, normally in Duvall Library
- Due to current public health concerns and associated orders – board meetings are virtual only until further notice. All Board members and attending staff will attend virtually. Members of the public are welcome to dial in or watch the meeting.
- Link to virtual meetings coming soon.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes 2012 and Older
MembersLIBRARY BOARD SEEKING NEW MEMBERS - see "Recruiting New Board Members" section below.
The City of Duvall Library Board is made up of 5 members and 1 youth member appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council. There is also a liaison from the city and the Duvall Library that work with the Library Board. Standard Library Board members serve a 3-year term. The Youth Board member serves a 1-year term. Library Board Members are as follows:
Board OverviewThe Library Board serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council and coordinates with and provides input to the Board of Trustees of the King County Library District and local library officials. Acting as a bridge between the library and the local community, the primary purpose of the Board is to be a library advocate. The Board communicates with the City, KCLS, and library staff about needs in the community that the local library and the city can assist in addressing. Members, who are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by City Council, serve without compensation for a three-year term, and youth board members serve a one-year term.
Recruiting New Board MembersThe City of Duvall, in partnership with the King County Library System (KCLS) is currently seeking new Library Board candidates for Board Position 5 and Youth Board Member. If you're interested in serving and want to be considered, please feel free to complete an application form and drop it off to City Hall at 15535 Main Street NE or via US postal to PO Box 1300, Duvall, WA 98019. You can also email it to the city liaison, Sara McMillon. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Mission StatementThe Duvall Library Advisory Board, as chartered by the City of Duvall, supports free and equal access to books and material for the enlightenment and pleasure of the community. We support the library's mission to create and maintain an enthusiasm for reading and promote the use of its collections and online sources of information and materials.
- Advise the King County Library System (KCLS) on the interests and concerns of the City of Duvall
- Advise the City Council on the status, needs, and performance of the Duvall Library
- Serve as a forum for community input on library issues
- Support reading and literacy
- Ensure unencumbered access to books, reference materials, and computers to all patrons
- Support and protect the constitutional rights for privacy and the communication and expression of ideas by all