- 6 p.m.
- First Tuesday of each month
- Virtual until further notice, generally in Duvall Library
- Due to current public health concerns and associated orders – board meetings are virtual only until further notice. All Board members and attending staff will attend virtually. Members of the public are welcome to dial in or watch the meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The City of Duvall Library Board comprises five members and one youth member appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council. A City and the Duvall Library liaison also works with the Library Board. Standard Library Board members serve a 3-year term. The Youth Board member serves one year. Library Board Members are as follows:
The Library Board serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council and coordinates with and provides input to the Board of Trustees of the King County Library District and local library officials. Acting as a bridge between the library and the local community, the primary purpose of the Board is to be a library advocate. The Board communicates with the City, KCLS, and library staff about needs in the community that the local library and the city can assist in addressing. Members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council serve without compensation for a three-year term, and youth board members serve one year. The Library Board is regulated by the Duvall Municipal Code, specifically § 2.20 et seq.
The Duvall Library Advisory Board, as chartered by the City of Duvall, supports free and equal access to books and materials for the enlightenment and pleasure of the community. We support the library's mission to create and maintain an enthusiasm for reading and promote the use of its collections and online sources of information and materials.
- Advise the King County Library System (KCLS) on the interests and concerns of the City of Duvall.
- Advise the City Council on the status, needs, and performance of the Duvall Library.
- Serve as a forum for community input on library issues.
- Support reading and literacy.
- Ensure unencumbered access to books, reference materials, and computers to all patrons.
- Support and protect the constitutional rights for privacy and the communication and expression of ideas by all.
For more information about the Library Board, contact any board members or the Board Liaison to the City Council. You may find their contact information under the subsection titled "Members."
For more information about the Duvall Branch of the King County Library, please visit their website (HERE). You may also contact them by calling 425.788.1173 or visiting them at 15508 Main Street, NE. Their current hours of operation are:
Monday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM