As a Police Department it is our duty to educate the citizens of Duvall on appropriate measures for the prevention of crime in their homes, businesses, and on the street. Some of the various programs offered are listed below.
Home Security Checks
We tour the home with the homeowner and address particular issues such as:
- How to make your home less attractive to a burglar
- How to feel safer in your home
- Types of alarms, locks, and lighting
- Home security through environmental design
Through business contacts and the Duvall Chamber of Commerce we provide information on the following:
- Check fraud and how to spot a forged check
- Shoplifting and employee theft
- How to handle violence in the workplace
- Business security through environmental design
We also address the individual by helping them to be more observant of their surroundings and be safety conscious by providing information on:
- How not to become a victim
- Parking lot safety
- Safety while traveling
We contact victims at their request and assist them in finding ways to prevent them from falling prey to another crime. Patrol officers can also generate crime prevention requests. We can then follow up to meet with victims.
Our main role in crime prevention is to make sure there is coordination between the Police Department and the community to work together to deter crime in the City of Duvall. Below is a list of links to various items that may assist you in preventing crime in your own home or neighborhood.