The new 8,000 square foot Duvall Library was completed in August 2012.
See an article about the opening
The first month of operation showed a 61% increase in circulation compared to the same month one year ago!
The $8 million new library includes more materials, computers, space for children and teens and a community meeting room as well as a green roof.
The building is Silver Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certified.
Project Status: Completed
New Library Address:15508 Main Street NE
Architect: Johnston Architects www.johnstonarchitects.com
Contractor: Kassel and Associates, Inc.
Duvall Library Board at Grand Opening of New Duvall Library, August 25, 2012.
(l-r) Geoffrey Davis, Don Barden, Jill Dalton, Paige Denison, Al Butler and Denny Redman
The Library Board serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council and coordinates with and provides input to, the Board of Trustees of the
King County Library District and local library officials.
Mission Statement of Duvall Library Board (Revised and Adopted 2/27/12)
The Duvall Library Advisory Board, as chartered by the City of Duvall, supports free and equal access to books and material for the
enlightenment and pleasure of the community. We support the library's mission to create and maintain an enthusiasm for reading and
promote the use of its collections and online sources of information and materials.
- Advise KCLS on the interests and concerns of the City of Duvall.
- Advise the City Council on the status, needs and performance of the Duvall Library.
- Serve as a forum for community input on library issues.
- Support reading and literacy. Ensure unencumbered access to books, reference materials and computers to all patrons.
- Support and protect the constitutional rights for privacy and the communication and expression of ideas by all.
Goals for 2012-2013
- Develop a training package for the orientation of new Board members.
- Advocate for standardized hours of operation.
- Encourage continuance of user-friendly and intimate atmosphere.
- Endorse sufficient areas for research, study, children's programs, meetings and other community activities and
further ensure that these areas are designed to minimize noise and interruptions.
- Promote celebration of the cultural and historical heritage of Duvall in the new library.
- Support initiatives to increase use of library by all segments of community.
- Increase familiarity with staff and have a (casual) onsite presence.
- Encourage DFOL in their programming support efforts.
For more information about the Library Board, contact Jill Dalton via email.
Library Board Members
The City of Duvall Library Board is made up of six members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by City Council. There is also a liaison from
the City and the Duvall Library that work with the Library Board. Standard Library Board members serve a three year term. The Youth Board member serves a one year term.
|Jill Dalton, Chair
|Geoffrey Davis - Youth Board Member
|Laura Boyes, Duvall Library
|Steve Leniszewski, City of Duvall Liaison
The Library Board meets on the 4th Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Meeting Room of the Duvall Library, 15508 Main Street NE, Duvall. All members of the public are welcome to attend.
Current Library Board Agenda
Duvall Library Facility
15508 Main Street NE,
Duvall, WA 98019
Hours of Operation
Monday - 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Thursday - 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday - Closed
Click here to get in touch with the King County Library System.