- 6 p.m.
- 1st Thursday of each month
- Meeting Room of the Duvall Library
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes 2012 and Older
LIBRARY BOARD SEEKING NEW MEMBERS - see "Recruiting New Board Members" section below.
The City of Duvall Library Board is made up of 6 members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council. There is also a liaison from the city and the Duvall Library that work with the Library Board. Standard Library Board members serve a 3-year term. The Youth Board member serves a 1-year term. Library Board Members are as follows:
- VACANT, Position 2
Term Expires: December 31, 2018
- MeeLin Nakata, Chair (Position 4), Email
Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- VACANT, Youth Board Member
Term Expires: May 31, 2018
- Jodi Wycoff, City of Duvall liaison
The Library Board serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council and coordinates with and provides input to the Board of Trustees of the King County Library District and local library officials.
Recruiting New Board Members
The City of Duvall, in partnership with the King County Library System (KCLS) is seeking applicants for one regular and one youth board member for the Duvall Library Board. The primary purpose of the Board is to act as a bridge between the library and the local community and to communicate with the City, KCLS, and library staff about needs in the community that the local library can assist in addressing. Regular members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by City Council, serve without compensation for a three-year term and youth board members serve a one-year term. If you're interested in a unique opportunity to serve as a library advocate in our community, please complete an application form and drop it off to City Hall at 15535 Main Street NE or via US postal to PO Box 1300, Duvall, WA 98019. You can also email it to the city liaison, Jodi Wycoff. Deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m. February 28, 2018.
The Duvall Library Advisory Board, as chartered by the City of Duvall, supports free and equal access to books and material for the enlightenment and pleasure of the community. We support the library's mission to create and maintain an enthusiasm for reading and promote the use of its collections and online sources of information and materials.
- Advise the King County Library System (KCLS) on the interests and concerns of the City of Duvall
- Advise the City Council on the status, needs, and performance of the Duvall Library
- Serve as a forum for community input on library issues
- Support reading and literacy
- Ensure unencumbered access to books, reference materials, and computers to all patrons
- Support and protect the constitutional rights for privacy and the communication and expression of ideas by all
For more information about the Library Board, contact MeeLin Nakata.