If you have ever thought about becoming a Planning Commissioner, the City of Duvall currently has an opening. Planning Commissioners serve an important role in helping to shape our community. You do not need a background in planning, development, or government to be a commissioner.
Wondering if it's right for you? Why not attend a meeting? The Planning Commission meets every second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Duvall Visitor Center. Meetings are always open to the public.
Applications for the Planning Commission are available at Duvall City Hall or by contacting the Planning Department at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is May 26. To learn more about the Planning Commission, please visit our web page.
Please note that applicants must reside either within Duvall city limits or in the urban growth area, or own a business within the city limits.
The Planning Department:
- Develops and implements long-range planning policies
- Evaluates land use proposals (including commercial site plans and residential subdivisions for compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws)
- Provides planning and zoning assistance to citizens and developers
- Ensures the enforcement of zoning and sensitive area regulations
The Planning Department's long-range responsibilities include preparing amendments to the:
- Comprehensive Plan
- Shoreline Master Plan
- Unified Development Regulations - Title 14 of the (including zoning and sensitive area requirements)
Short range, or current planning responsibilities include:
- Staffing the public counter
- Answering questions either in person or on the telephone from citizens and developers
- Processing land use applications such as site plans, residential subdivisions, and conditional use permits
- Monitoring the city's development
Each type of land use application includes a cover sheet, master permit application, master permit application checklist, specific land use application, and applicable Duvall Municipal Code sections, and may also require a city contacts list and SEPA checklist. Land use application forms can be downloaded and filled out electronically. If you don't find the application you are looking for or need more information, please email Lara Thomas or call 425-788-2779.