CITY OF DUVALL PLANNING COMMISSION
DEADLINE OCTOBER 21, 2016
Are you interested in serving your community?
Are you interested in helping chart the future of Duvall?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, please consider filling out an application for the Planning Commission.
The Duvall Planning Commission is made up of seven members appointed by the Mayor. Responsibilities include working with staff to prepare policy documents, reviewing draft work products from staff and special committees, and making recommendations on all policy documents to the City Council. The Planning Commission also reviews many land use applications for consistency with city regulations. Planning Commissioners serve four-year terms.
The Planning Commission meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month, 7:00 p.m., at the Duvall Visitor Center.
To qualify, applicants must reside either within city limits or within the city’s urban growth area or own a business within the city.
Applications are available at City Hall, or you may contact Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting applications is end-of-business Friday, October 21, 2016.
Public Hearings, Meetings, and Notices
Jones-Wald - Development Agreement Amendment I: Notice of Public Hearing, September 28 and October 4.
Rio Vista - Preliminary Plat, Variance, and Departure (SU15-001): , August 12, 2016. n
Proposed Amendment to Duvall Municipal Code Chapter 14.58 - Impact Fee Assessments - Parks, Roads, and Schools: Notice of Public Hearings, July 27 and August 2, 2016.
City of Duvall 2015 Comprehensive Plan Update and Zoning Map Amendments: Notice of Public Hearings, May 11 and May 17, 2016. To view exhibits related to the hearings, please visit our Comprehensive Plan web page.
North Hill Preliminary Plat Extension Request (SU007-006 and VAR09-001): Notice of Decision, April 18, 2016; Hearing Examiner Decision, April 18, 2016.
Cottage Housing Demonstration Ordinance: Notice of Public Hearing, April 27 and May 3, 2016. Documents related to this proposed demonstration ordinance can be found here.
The Planning Department:
- Develops and implements long-range planning policies
- Evaluates land use proposals (including commercial site plans and residential subdivisions for compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws)
- Provides planning and zoning assistance to citizens and developers
- Ensures the enforcement of zoning and sensitive area regulations
The Planning Department's long-range responsibilities include preparing amendments to the:
- Comprehensive Plan
- Shoreline Master Plan
- Unified Development Regulations - Title 14 of the (including zoning and sensitive area requirements)
Short range, or current planning responsibilities include:
- Staffing the public counter
- Answering questions either in person or on the telephone from citizens and developers
- Processing land use applications such as site plans, residential subdivisions, and conditional use permits
- Monitoring the city's development
Each type of land use application includes a cover sheet, master permit application, master permit application checklist, specific land use application, and applicable Duvall Municipal Code sections, and may also require a city contacts list and SEPA checklist. Land use application forms can be downloaded and filled out electronically. If you don't find the application you are looking for or need more information, please email Lara Thomas or call 425-788-2779.